Friday, January 20, 2012

Hot Beef Sandwiches Au Jus




I know what you're thinking, where's the sandwich? When my boyfriend and I were planning this meal, we decided to minus the bun to be a bit healthier. Plus, then nothing could take away from the flavor and tenderness this meat got! It was perfect plain or dipped in the heart cup full of jus. 
[sidenote: yup, it is just jus. My cookbook taught me the yummy juice is just called jus. Au jus means "with the juice."]
This was the first time I made this. Also, this was the first recipe I made from my new slow cooker cookbook I got for Christmas from my roommate, Tonia. Thanks again! I'll definitely make this hot beef recipe again. But not for awhile because I froze two containers of it. This recipe makes a lot! 

Hot Beef Sandwiches Au Jus

Ingredients
4 lbs beef rump roast
2 envelopes (1 oz each) dried onion soup mix (I used Lipton)
2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
2 cans  (101/5 oz. each) beef broth
1 can beer

Instructions
1. Trim fat from beef and discard. Place in slow cooker
2. Combine soup mix, sugar, oregano, garlic, broth, and beer in large mixing bowl
3. Pour mixture over beef
4. Cover and cook on high for 6 to 8 hours or until beef is tender
[Every once in awhile, I flipped the roast over but this is not needed - you can leave it alone for the whole cook time if you want]
5. Remove beef from slow cooker. Shred beef with two forks. Return to slow cooker and mix well
6. Serve on rolls or alone with extra jus on the side for dipping
7. Enjoy!
p.s click on RecipeLion Blog hop button and vote for my blog post!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...