Monday, August 6, 2012

Peanut butter Oat Bites


This summer I started nannying for a wonderful family. I'm normally there for a full day multiple days of the week. Being such a great family, they said I can help myself to any of their food for lunches or whenever I get hungry. And that is when I discovered these! I only tried one (because I still don't want to hoard their fridge and pantry) but it was delicious! I never asked for the recipe but I figured out what was in them pretty easily.

These little morsels of heaven are surprisingly pretty guilt-free. They make a great substitution for dessert or even an unhealthy granola bar. They are sweetened with honey, not sugar. Also, they have some protein from the peanut butter and nuts. Unlike cookies, they have no butter or shortening but the chocolate chips give that hint of goodness we all look for in a dessert.


These peanut butter oat bites are a cinch to make, taking about a total of 10 minutes to make. Another bonus, the oven never turns on! This crazy warm Wisconsin summer is keeping the air conditioner on so any recipe that allows the kitchen to stay cool is perfect!


Ingredients
4 heaping Tbsp peanut butter
1/4 c. honey
2 1/2 c. old fashion oats
1/2 c. chopped pecans *
1/2 c. chocolate chips *

*These are optional. Other add-ins could include raisins or other types of nuts

Instructions
1. Place peanut butter and honey in a mixing bowl and blend together
2. Add oats, pecans and chocolate chips, mix until a consistent blend
3. Use hands to form balls of your desired size and place on a cookie sheet
4. Place cookie sheet in refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
5. Store in an air tight container and place in the refrigerator
6. Enjoy chilled!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...