Sunday, March 2, 2014

Chicken Fajitas


The other day I was getting really excited about a new dessert recipe that I'm going to try making this weekend and I started thinking about this blog.  And how I missed it.  Did you know that it's been about a year and a half since I've posted?  Well it has, believe it or not.



Since then a lot of change has happened.  I graduated from college.  Moved out of the college apartment with the kitchen that my cooking adventures began in with Brittany and Emily.  Had a short stint living at home with the parents.  Moved into an apartment with the boy where I now have my own kitchen that actually gets natural lighting (exciting stuff for a food blogger.)  Started a professional job where my cooking habits have drastically changed (getting home from work at 6:00 is the poops.)  And I've had a major camera upgrade!



I went through and was cleaning pictures off of my fancy shmancy camera (which I still barely know how to use) a couple days ago and discovered these chicken fajita pictures that I shot back in the fall (hence the spiderweb place mats.)  If I recall correctly they were pretty easy to make, don't actually take that long to make if you pre-cut all the vegetables and of course are mighty tasty!


Recipe from Skinnytaste.

Ingredients:

  • 16 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 red bell pepper, cut in strips
  • 1 green bell pepper, cut in strips
  • 1 medium onion, cut in strips
  • 3 tbsp lime juice (I substituted lemon since that's what I already had)
  • 1 tsp ground cumin
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • pinch ancho Mexican chili powder, to taste
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 8 reduced carb whole wheat flour tortillas
  • Optional garnishes: sour cream, guacamole, reduced fat shredded Mexican cheese
Directions:
  1. Marinate chicken with lime juice and season with chili powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cumin.
  2. Season vegetable with salt and pepper and toss with olive oil.
  3. Cook vegetables over medium heat in a skillet for 16-18 minutes covered, until the peppers and onions are soft.
  4. While the vegetables are cooking, grill chicken, either outdoors on a grill or indoors using a grill pan on the stove, until cooked through.  Cut into strips.
  5. Combine chicken and vegetables and serve immediately on warmed tortillas with desired garnishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...