Sunday, January 18, 2015

Kelsey's Sunday Brunch

A couple of weeks ago I rang in the new year with friends down in Houston, Texas.  Some highlights of the trip included a trip to the Houston Zoo, which was the biggest zoo I think I've ever been to, and the Johnson Space Center.  Also we went ice skating! Outside!  In Texas!  The weather actually wasn't the greatest when I was there (think 30s and raining) but at least it was better than back home in Wisconsin.

I didn't go all the way to Texas to not try out some southern cooking.  Cajun cooking was consumed.  We discovered a hidden treasure in Ray's BBQ Shack for some mighty fine Texas barbecue.  I also experienced kolaches, which is a pastry, not quite biscuit but not quite croissant, filled with fruit jams, cheeses, bacon or sausage.  From my understanding there are many different flavor varieties of which I only tasted two.  I think Texas is depriving the rest of the country from these gourmet breakfast hot pocket type treats.  Maybe we should start a campaign to spread the love.  #ShareTheKolaches anyone?
With a new year comes a new reading challenge (feel free to add me on Goodreads if you use it)!  Like last year I set a goal of reading 26 books which I didn't even come close to but I'm giving it another shot for 2015.  First up I read Tumbleweeds by Leila Meacham, a Texas football story that follows a love triangle from childhood to adulthood.  I gave it 4/5 stars because I became really engrossed in the story and enjoyed watching the characters develop but ultimately didn't like how the book ended.

On top of reading, I've been busy knitting as well.  I recently had the first sale in my Etsy shop!

Did you guys see this story about a flower girl and ring bearer who ended up marrying each other 20 years later?  What a fun story to be able to share!

Wasting food is something I continually seem to have a problem with.  Not only do I feel bad about it because there's so many people in the world that could use it, but it's like throwing money in the trash.  Wasting less is something I'm going to work on this year thanks to the help of this synopsis on how to store your food better.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday and Go Pack Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...